Does EMF and wireless radiation exposure cause Autism? Is it just a coincidence that the number of Autism cases in India (and globally) have spiked just corresponding to the proliferation of electronics, domestic appliances and wireless communication technology in our homes?
The pace of technology absorption at home has increased in last 2 decades. (If you reflect back on your childhood, chances are you would remember far lesser number of gadgets at home those days). This has led to more numerous EMF radiation sources in our homes. Therefore, this has created denser electromagnetic radiation in our homes.With the advent of smart city, smart home, internet of things and sensor networks – we are adding ever increasing sources of EMF Radiation in our life spaces.
In an earlier blog, we had covered the effect of EMF radiation on modern day epidemics including Cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Infertility and Autism. This blog is about the rising footprint of Autism in India. Additionally, it addresses the rising evidence linking EMF Radiation to Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism is a cognitive disorder that deals with the development of the brain. These types of disorders vary in degree and severity. It is manifest in multi level anomalies around a child’s social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication, speech delay and movement repetition. (See the full list of symptoms of Autism here)
Why is Autism a cause of concern?
Till a few years back, Autism was less frequent, often rare – infact negligible. However, the incidences of Autism, are becoming widespread. Therefore, central agencies on disease managements in different countries are beginning to call this a crisis. We present a few Autism facts for India –
- An estimated 10 million children in India are reported to be suffering from Autism. (International Clinical Epidemiology Network Trust – INCLEN)
- Around 1.47% of children between the ages 2 to 9 are affected by Autism (CDC 2012). The estimate was 1 in 150 until some years. Correspondingly, the current estimate has more than halved the number. 1 in 68 children is suspected to be suffering from Autism.
- Over the last 11 years, numbers of Autism cases have increased 300% in India. (Centre for disease control estimate 2002, 2012)
- An estimated 18 million people in India suffer from Autism ( Action for Autism ). As per our numbers, 19.5 million people in India suffer from Autism.
- India reports the highest number of people who suffer from Autism in the world. This is only second to Japan in terms of per capita Autism population.
- Not to mention, India houses ~ 42% of the world population of autism
- Comparatively, number of Autism cases in India is 10 times the number of Autism cases in China.
Consequently, India presents a very grim picture in terms of Autism numbers when compared to other nations (with public data sources on Autism)
Autism numbers in US
Incidences of Autism in US in the 1940s were 1 in 100,000. In 2009, US health data showed this incidence to be 66 in 10,000. To summarize, in 7 decades incidences of Autism in US had grown 660 times. Furthermore, studies by different medical experts have linked the increase in Autism numbers to increase in microwave radiation exposure in children.
In India, there is lack of concerted data. Therefore, we stacked some empirical numbers on instances of Autism and increase in urban tele-density (mobile penetration). While there are multiple sources of EMF Radiation – the main one that seems to have increased in a span on 10 years is cellular technology. The numbers tally, albeit empirically – showing some signs of cause and effect relationship between EMF radiation and Autism.
EMF and wireless radiation exposure cause Autism – Studies that support.
Autism affects at a very early stage of brain development. Initially it was thought that the reasons for Autism were genetic or chemically induced in the body (due to vaccines etc). This in some form is partly correct as well. However, new studies provide more perspectives.
- The effect of EMF Radiation in Autism was long postulated. However,it was first proven in 2007 by Tamara Mariea and George Carlo. They proved the causative correlation between EMF Radiation and Autism. Thereafter, more studies have provided credibility to the EMF Radiation – Autism theory. ‘
- In 2011, researchers at Stanford went on to prove that genetics is not the most critical factor in Autism. Genetics only accounted for less than half of the malady.
- In 2013, Dr. Martha Herbert and Cindy Sage proposed that EMF Radiation directly accounts for Autism. This is caused due to DNA mutation in sperm, Calcium channel mutations in cell membranes eventually leading to cellular inflammation – causing Autism.
- This theory was supported by Dr. Martin Pall in 2015. His study re-iterated the inflammatory effects of EMF Radiation leading to retention of chemical toxins and Calcium in the cells.
- A gathering body of evidence indicates that prolonged exposure to EMF radiation leads to overwhelming toxin pathways. This leads to movement of toxins out of the brain cell/ retention of toxins inside the brain cells – thereby leading to Autism.
Lifestyle Factors leading up to Autism
Factors that have a direct build-up on risks of Autism include
- If you are a person employed in an organization with lots of servers, WiFi, wiring, wireless devices – there is a higher rate of Autism in your children. Dr. Dietrich Klinghart reported higher Autism instances in the employees of Microsoft corp in Seattle. Many doctors in Delhi will tell you of higher cases of unfertility in call centre employees. Another study by the university of Texas found that children of fathers engaged in wireless and technical jobs had a higher risk of Autism.
- Carrying your cellphone in your trouser front pocket elevates risk of your kid being autistic. An overwhelming majority of research into this topic suggests cellphone wireless radiation can damage the sperm, reduce motility and cause DNA damage.
- Pregnant ladies should stay clear of EMF radiation in their living space. Additionally, continuous EMF radiation exposure causes neurological impairments and Autism in children.
In the near future, our exposures to sources of EMF Radiation will magnify. For the most part, internet of things, connected homes, smart cities, sensor networks will intensify the EMF radiation around us considerably. Possibly, that is when the high risk premium will be taken into consideration by the public consciousness. Consequently, that is when we expect to see action on preventives. Correspondingly, by then most of the pandemic prophecies would have realized themselves. Given the billions of revenues and profits riding on the nature of such projects, expecting the government or federal bodies to take a stand in favor of public health preservation would be foolish. Therefore, it is left to our means of prudence, precaution and prevention to reduce our exposures to EMF radiation for us as well as our families.
Prevention begins at home
To reduce EMF radiation exposures in your family (with a child or a expecting mother), or if you have an autistic person in your home, a few small lifestyle tips go a long way.
- Reduce dependence on your cellphone. (You may act differently if you realize that your cell phone is a mini microwave oven itself.)
- Reduce your cell phone time. Likewise, expecting mothers should be off cell phones.
- Switch of electronics not required. (Save yourself electricity bills. More importantly “switching off” reduces the in-premise EMF radiation.)
- Do not encourage screen habits in children – TV, Laptop, Phone, Gaming console.(These screens are extremely addictive – thereby multiplying the EMF signature and its hazard on your children)
- Use land phones as often possible
- Additionally, use wired computers – avoid WiFi (If the mobile phone antenna outside your home bothers you, why do you house a mini-mobile antenna in your home?)
- Switch of WiFi when not in use (This is especially true if you have an autistic child in your home, or an expecting mother)
- Do not carry your phone in your trouser pockets (The distance of separation of the phone from your vital body parts is a clear violation of FCC norms. Even cell phone manufacturers suggest 5mm- 15mm distance between the phone and yourself).
- Assess your home for hidden source of EMF radiation (Many of our radiation audits have established the home wiring and circuitry as the key source of EMF radiation).
- If your home is within 150 metres distance of a cell phone tower, we suggest an radiation audit of your premises.
- Keep your bedroom gadget free. (Reduce your last minute social media upgrade before sleeping, TV or any other source of EMF in bedroom.)
- Evaluate the Autistic member’s room for EMF and ELF. A radiation audit will be helpful. (This is critical – sources of EMF radiation could be your neighbour’s WiFi, the transformer station near your home or your home wiring)
- Limit use of electronics or wireless at home if there is an autistic person at home.
EMF radiation in your home and outside of it – has a negative health effect on an autistic kid. It keeps giving the sensory overload on the brain cells of the ASD victim, not providing the recovery time. Hence, a very important aspect of Autism therapy is a conscious isolation between sources of EMF radiation and the victim.
Brightsandz is a venture that deals with Electromagnetic shielding products and solutions. We are not anti-technology (or may be we are). Instead, we believe in creating awareness in terms of technology and its effect on humans and on the ecology. In addition, blind sided use of technology without adequate understanding creates a dis-balance in terms of health effects there-of. Awareness and precaution can help reduce health stress impact of technology.
- 5G (2)
- Anti Radiation Mobile Phone Chips (1)
- Cell tower radiation (6)
- Data centre radiation (1)
- Devices and EMF Radiation (13)
- Ecology hazards of EMF Radiation (5)
- EMF and new technologies (2)
- EMF Radiation and Autism (2)
- EMF Radiation and Pregnancy (3)
- Health hazards of EMF radiation (15)
- Laptop Radiation Shield (2)
- Magnetic frequency (2)
- Radiation Premise Audit (2)
- RFID isolation (1)
- Uncategorized (5)